Trusted Treatments - Terms and Conditions
When any consultation is completed, you must read, understand, and agree to these Terms and Conditions. You must also read the patient information leaflet that we link to, if available, and you must read the patient information leaflet that is inside the packaging of the product that you receive. You must not use the product if any of the contraindications or other warnings preclude you from using the product. If you are unsure or concerned about any detail within the patient information leaflet, you must get advice from your usual GP or a community pharmacist before using the product you have received. If no patient information leaflet is included inside the packaging, you must not use the product, and you must contact us, your usual GP, or a community pharmacist before use. We use a partner pharmacy (CloudRX) to dispense and send medicines to our patients. Please read their Terms and Conditions, along with all other policies and relevant documentation here and within the Our Policies link in the footer of this web page.
If there are any terms or abbreviations on this website that you do not understand, you must contact us to clarify their meaning before completing any consultation whether that is web-based, by telephone, by video, or any other method of communication.
We perform identity checks when you complete a consultation. This is for your safety and to help ensure that medicines are not supplied to people that they are not intended for. Never share prescription medicines. Identity checks include a reference to the credit reference bureau's database as well as the verification and validation of identification documents including a driving licence, passport, or utility bill. We may also ask for a photograph of the user for a biometric analysis and verification of identity. We use a third-party company to perform these checks. By continuing to use this website, you agree for us to use your data and information provided in this way.
You must only order medicines for yourself. If you are not able to complete the consultation or do not understand any part of the registration, consultation, or payment process, or any part of these Terms and Conditions, please contact us on 0333 577 5311 or speak to your usual GP about your health concerns. If you are unable to contact your usual GP (or are not registered with a GP practice) you must telephone NHS 111 by dialling 111 and explain your concerns, symptoms, and medical history to the call advisor so that they can arrange for appropriate action.
The Background section above is essential reading and forms part of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings:
means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, Our Site;
means the person providing their personal information as part of registering, and completing a consultation on this website, or using any other service offered by The Sheffield Clinic Ltd;
means any online communications infrastructure that We make available through Our Site either now or in the future. This may include, but is not limited to, contact forms, email, live chat and forums; and
means The Sheffield Clinic Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, Company Number 06037657. Our address for correspondence is: The Sheffield Clinic Ltd, CFC House, Acorn Business Park, Woodseats Close, Sheffield. S8 0TB.
means a qualified practicing medical doctor that is registered with the General Medical Council (GMC) in the United Kingdom and on the GMC's GP Register. GP is an abbreviation of General Practitioner.
2. Information About Us
2.1 Our Site, trustedtreatments.com is owned and operated by The Sheffield Clinic Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales, Company Number 06037657. Our address for correspondence is: The Sheffield Clinic Ltd, CFC House, Acorn Business Park, Woodseats Close, Sheffield. S8 0TB.
2.2 We may be authorised by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) to sell medicines online. If we are registered to sell medicines directly, our MHRA registration details will be stated in this document.
2.3 We are regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Regulated activities include diagnostic and screening procedures, surgical procedures, and the treatment of disease, disorder or injury. View our CQC registration details here: https://www.cqc.org.uk/provider/1-101725315 .
2.4 We are a small owner operated company. We can be contacted by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone in the United Kingdom on 0333 577 5311.
3. Access to Our Site
3.1 Access to Our Site is free of charge.
3.2 It is your responsibility to make any and all arrangements necessary in order to access Our Site.
3.3 Access to Our Site is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We may alter, suspend or discontinue Our Site (or any part of it) at any time and without notice. We will not be liable to you in any way if Our Site (or any part of it) is unavailable at any time and for any period.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
4.1 All Content included on Our Site and the copyright and other intellectual property rights subsisting in that Content, unless specifically labelled otherwise, belongs to or has been licensed by Us. All Content is protected by applicable United Kingdom and international intellectual property laws and treaties.
4.2 For personal use (including research and private study) only, you may:
- 4.2.1 Access, view and use Our Site in a web browser (including any web browsing capability built into other types of software or app);
- 4.2.2 Download Our Site (or any part of it) for caching;
- 4.2.3 Print one page from Our Site;
- 4.2.4 Download, copy, clip, print, or otherwise save extracts from pages on Our Site; and
- 4.2.5 Save pages from Our Site for later and/or offline viewing.
4.3 You may not use any Content downloaded, copied, clipped, printed or otherwise saved from Our Site for commercial purposes without first obtaining a licence from Us (or our licensors, as appropriate) to do so. For further information, please contact Us at email@example.com. This does not prohibit the normal access, viewing and use of Our Site for general information purposes whether by business users or consumers.
4.4 You may not systematically copy Content from Our Site with a view to creating or compiling any form of comprehensive collection, compilation, directory, or database unless given Our express permission to do so.
4.5 Subject to sub-Clauses 4.2 and 4.8 you may not otherwise reproduce, copy, distribute, sell, rent, sub-licence, store, or in any other manner re-use Content or any other material from Our Site unless given express written permission to do so by Us. For further information, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
4.6 If you wish to use any Content from Our Site in any way that is not permitted under these Terms and Conditions, please contact Us at email@example.com .
4.7 Our status as the owner and author of the Content on Our Site (or that of identified licensors, as appropriate) must always be acknowledged.
4.8 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits or excludes the provisions of Chapter III of the Copyrights, Designs and Patents Act 1988 'Acts Permitted in Relation to Copyright Works', covering in particular the making of temporary copies; research and private study; the making of copies for text and data analysis for non-commercial research; criticism, review, quotation and news reporting; caricature, parody or pastiche; and the incidental inclusion of copyright material.
5. Links to Our Site
5.1 You may link to Our Site provided that:
- 5.1.1 you do so in a fair and legal manner;
- 5.1.2 you do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on Our part where none exists;
- 5.1.3 you do not use any logos or trade marks displayed on Our Site without Our express written permission; and
- 5.1.4 you do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage Our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it.
5.2 You may link to any page of Our Site.
5.3 You may not link to Our Site from any other site the content of which contains material that:
- 5.3.1 is sexually explicit;
- 5.3.2 is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory;
- 5.3.3 promotes violence;
- 5.3.4 promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- 5.3.5 discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- 5.3.6 is intended or is otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- 5.3.7 is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive another person;
- 5.3.8 is intended or is otherwise likely to infringe (or to threaten to infringe) another person's privacy;
- 5.3.9 misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents the identity or affiliation of a particular person in a way that is calculated to deceive (obvious parodies are not included in this definition provided that they do not fall within any of the other provisions of this sub-Clause 5.3);
- 5.3.10 implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists;
- 5.3.11 infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trade marks and database rights) of any other party; or
- 5.3.12 is made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
5.4 The content restrictions in sub-Clause 5.3 do not apply to content submitted to sites by other users provided that the primary purpose of the site accords with the provisions of sub-Clause 5.3. You are not, for example, prohibited from posting links on general-purpose social networking sites merely because another user may post such content. You are, however, prohibited from posting links on websites which focus on or encourage the submission of such content from users.
6. Links to Other Sites
6.1 Links to other sites may be included on Our Site. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under Our control. We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third-party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on Our Site is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
7.1 We may feature advertising on Our Site. We are not responsible for the content of any advertising on Our Site. Each advertiser is responsible for the content of their own advertising material. We will not be responsible for any advertising on Our Site including, but not limited to, any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions.
8. Use of Our System
8.1 You may use Our System at any time to contact Us, provided you abide by the following rules. You must not communicate in a way, submit information, or otherwise do anything that:
- 8.1.1 is sexually explicit;
- 8.1.2 is obscene, deliberately offensive, hateful or otherwise inflammatory;
- 8.1.3 promotes violence;
- 8.1.4 promotes or assists in any form of unlawful activity;
- 8.1.5 discriminates against, or is in any way defamatory of, any person, group or class of persons, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age;
- 8.1.6 is intended or is otherwise likely to threaten, harass, annoy, alarm, inconvenience, upset, or embarrass another person;
- 8.1.7 is calculated or is otherwise likely to deceive;
- 8.1.8 is intended or otherwise likely to infringe (or threaten to infringe) another person's right to privacy or otherwise uses their personal data in a way that you do not have a right to;
- 8.1.9 misleadingly impersonates any person or otherwise misrepresents your identity or affiliation in a way that is calculated to deceive;
- 8.1.10 implies any form of affiliation with Us where none exists;
- 8.1.11 infringes, or assists in the infringement of, the intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, copyright, trade marks and database rights) of any other party; or
- 8.1.12 is in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party including, but not limited to, contractual duties and duties of confidence.
8.2 We may monitor any and all communications made using Our System.
8.3 To use Our System you must be at least 18 years of age.
8.4 Any information that you send to Us through Our System may be modified by Us and, by sending us such information, you waive your moral right to be identified as the author of that information.
8.5 Any personal information sent to Us, whether through Our System or otherwise, will be collected, used and held in accordance with your rights and Our obligations under the law, as set out in Clause 14.
9. Disclaimers and Legal Rights
9.1 Nothing on Our Site constitutes advice on which you should rely. It is provided for general information purposes only. Professional or specialist advice should always be sought before taking any action relating to any financial, health, digital or general information contained on Our Site.
9.2 Insofar as is permitted by law, We make no representation, warranty, or guarantee that Our Site will meet your requirements, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all software and hardware, or that it will be secure.
9.3 If, as a result of Our failure to exercise reasonable care and skill, any digital content from Our Site damages your device or other digital content belonging to you, as a consumer you may be entitled to certain legal remedies. For more details concerning your rights and remedies as a consumer, please contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
9.4 We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Content on Our Site is complete, accurate, and up to date. We do not, however, make any representations, warranties or guarantees (whether express or implied) that the Content is complete, accurate, or up to date.
9.5 The opinions, views, and values expressed in Content on Our Site are those of the authors of that Content and do not necessarily represent Our opinions, views, or values.
10. Our Liability
10.1 To the fullest extent permissible by law, We accept no liability to any user for any loss or damage, whether foreseeable or otherwise, in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with the use of (or inability to use) Our Site or the use of or reliance upon any Content included on Our Site.
10.2 To the fullest extent permissible by law, We exclude all representations, warranties, and guarantees (whether express or implied) that may apply to Our Site or any Content included on Our Site.
10.3 Our Site is intended for non-commercial use only. If you are a business user, We accept no liability for loss of profits, sales, business or revenue; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; loss of anticipated savings; business interruption; or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
10.4 We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our Site is free from viruses and other malware, however, subject to sub-Clause 9.3, We accept no liability for any loss or damage resulting from a virus or other malware, a distributed denial of service attack, or other harmful material or event that may adversely affect your hardware, software, data or other material that occurs as a result of your use of Our Site (including the downloading of any Content from it) or any other site referred to on Our Site.
10.5 We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability arising out of any disruption or non-availability of Our Site resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, natural events, acts of war, or legal restrictions and censorship.
10.7 When engaged in a consultation with a clinician accessed through the services provided by The Sheffield Clinic Ltd, you must answer all questions accurately, fully, and truthfully, not withholding any information that may affect the clinician’s judgement, and subsequent outcomes including treatments offered, onward referrals to other healthcare services, or recommendations given. You agree not to withhold known medical history that may affect the outcomes following any consultation and agree that you will disclose relevant information that you are aware may affect the outcome, whether asked directly about specifics of your medical history or otherwise. You agree that it is your responsibility to openly disclose information about your medical history that may be required for the clinician to make an informed judgment.
10.8 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Our liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from negligence, or for any other forms of liability which cannot be excluded or restricted by law. For full details of consumers’ legal rights, including those relating to digital content, please contact your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
10.9 All consultations (including asynchronous digital forms, questionnaires, video consultations and telephone consultations) are undertaken by a registered prescribing clinician, which will either be a speciality doctor, registrar doctor, or general practitioner registered with the UK General Medical Council (GMC), or a non-medical prescriber (NMP) registered in the UK with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC), or the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
10.10 The services provided by The Sheffield Clinic Ltd are overseen and led by a GP. Services will be audited accordingly.
11. Your Right to Refunds
11.1 Medicines are exempt from the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000. The Sheffield Clinic Ltd uses a third-party pharmacy to dispense and deliver the medicines that you receive as a result of using the services offered by The Sheffield Clinic Ltd. Medicines that have been sent from a pharmacy cannot be returned to stock because there is no way of verifying the integrity of the medicine. We will therefore not issue any refunds for medicines you have received. However, we will offer a refund in full if any consultation results in immediate referral to an NHS service for emergency care that the clinician feels is needed. We will not issue refunds for appointments that result in referral to standard GP or NHS 111 services.
11.2 We will offer a refund in the following circumstances:
- 11.2.1 Goods that arrive damaged to the point that they cannot be used as intended or are unsuitable for use due to impact or exposure to environmental factors that may have denatured the medicine.
- 11.2.2 An item is lost in the post where the postal service (Royal Mail) or courier agrees that the item has been lost (you must support all investigations that Royal Mail or the courier company ask you to be involved with). We usually use DPD as an alternative to Royal Mail, but may use other couriers if we believe that their service fits your needs.
- 11.2.3 Incorrect products that are received either due to a prescribing error or a dispensing error. In either of these cases, you must inform The Sheffield Clinic Ltd of the error within 48 hours of receipt.
- 11.2.4 If you change your mind and the order has not been processed. In this instance you will be charged a £9.99 administration fee, which will be deducted form any amount refunded.
12. Delivery Charges
12.1 The Sheffield Clinic Ltd has a clear and all-inclusive pricing policy where the price quoted includes the cost of the medicine, the prescription fees and shipping. If a medicine is needed following a video consultation, a price will be quoted accordingly, and you will be given the option of accepting the offer or receiving a private prescription in the post by Royal Mail Registered Delivery or equivalent service that requires a signature on delivery.
13. Paying for Your Services
13.1 Payment for our digital and remote services will be by credit or debit card. We will use a recognised payment processor (Stripe) for transactions. All transactions are handled by a third-party payment provider and we do not store you card details on any systems owned by or under the direct control of The Sheffield Clinic Ltd. You may be required to read and agree to additional terms and conditions imposed by our chosen payment provider and eCommerce system at the point of making payment.
14. Viruses, Malware and Security
14.1 We exercise all reasonable skill and care to ensure that Our Site is secure and free from viruses and other malware.
14.2 You are responsible for protecting your hardware, software, data, and other material from viruses, malware, and other internet security risks.
14.3 You must not deliberately introduce viruses or other malware, or any other material which is malicious or technologically harmful either to or via Our Site.
14.4 You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of Our Site, the server on which Our Site is stored, or any other server, computer, or database connected to Our Site.
14.5 You must not attack Our Site by means of a denial-of-service attack, a distributed denial of service attack, or by any other means.
14.6 By breaching the provisions of sub-Clauses 14.3 to 14.5 you may be committing a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any and all such breaches will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will cooperate fully with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. Your right to use Our Site will cease immediately in the event of such a breach.
15. Acceptable Usage Policy
15.1 You may only use Our Site in a manner that is lawful. Specifically:
- 15.1.1 you must ensure that you comply fully with any and all local, national, or international laws and/or regulations;
- 15.1.2 you must not use Our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is unlawful or fraudulent;
- 15.1.3 you must not use Our Site to knowingly send, upload, or in any other way transmit data that contains any form of virus or other malware, or any other code designed to adversely affect computer hardware, software, or data of any kind; and
- 15.1.4 you must not use Our Site in any way, or for any purpose, that is intended to harm any person or persons in any way.
15.2 We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to Our Site if you materially breach the provisions of this Clause 12 or any of the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions. Specifically, We may take one or more of the following actions:
- 15.2.1 suspend, whether temporarily or permanently, your right to access Our Site;
- 15.2.2 issue you with a written warning;
- 15.2.3 take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
- 15.2.4 take further legal action against you as appropriate;
- 15.2.5 disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as We deem reasonably necessary; and/or
- 15.2.6 any other actions which We deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
15.3 We hereby exclude any and all liability arising out of any actions (including, but not limited to those set out above) that We may take in response to breaches of these Terms and Conditions.
16. Privacy and Cookies
17. Data Protection
17.1 All personal information that We may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and your rights under the GDPR.
18. Communications from Us
18.1 If We have your contact details, We may from time to time send you important notices by email. Such notices may relate to matters including, but not limited to, service changes and changes to these Terms and Conditions.
18.2 We will never send you marketing emails of any kind without your express consent. If you do give such consent, you may opt out at any time. Any and all marketing emails sent by Us include an unsubscribe link. If you opt out of receiving emails from Us at any time, it may take up to 28 business days for your new preferences to take effect.
18.3 For questions or complaints about communications from Us (including, but not limited to, marketing emails), please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Contact Us page of this website.
19.1 The Sheffield Clinic Ltd aims to make the services and treatments offered available to every individual, regardless of age, gender, relationship status, disability, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. The Sheffield Clinic Ltd policies comply with the Equality Act (2010).
19.2 The website is written in English. We can arrange for an interpretation service if needed, for a fee. Please contact us if this is required.
19.3 The Sheffield Clinic Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
20. Changes to these Terms and Conditions
20.1 We may alter these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such changes will become binding on you upon your first use of Our Site after the changes have been implemented. You are therefore advised to check this page from time to time.
20.2 In the event of any conflict between the current version of these Terms and Conditions and any previous version(s), the provisions current and in effect shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
21. Contacting Us
21.1 To contact Us, please email Us at email@example.com or using any of the methods provided on Our Contact Us page.
22. Law and Jurisdiction
22.1 These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of England & Wales.
22.2 If you are a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law in your country of residence. Nothing in Sub-Clause 22.1 above takes away or reduces your rights as a consumer to rely on those provisions.
22.3 If you are a consumer, any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and Us relating to these Terms and Conditions, or the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
22.4 If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and Us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
If your condition or symptoms require urgent treatment, please call NHS 111 by dialling 111 on your telephone. If you require emergency treatment, for example, if you or someone else has chest pain, has received an injury to the head, or has been involved in a serious accident, call 999 on your telephone immediately. If your condition or symptoms are not something that can be assessed remotely through the Trusted Treatments online doctor service, please make an appointment with your usual GP at the earliest opportunity. If your GP cannot offer an appointment in a timeframe that you feel is appropriate, call 111 on your telephone and seek advice, explaining your concerns. Read more about where to get help .