Consultation for Prophylaxis of Altitude Sickness
An easy 3 step process:
1. Complete the questionnaire below
2. Select a medicine or request that a clinician contacts you with options
3. Click Submit
If you are suffering or may suffer from altitude sickness and you wish to be offered prescription treatments to support symptom control, please complete the form below.
You must read the information in the following links before continuing to complete this questionnaire. You must ask your GP any and all questions you have if there is something in the following links that you are unsure of.
- NHS Guide to Altitude Sickness
- WebMD general information about altitude sickness
- A patient information leaflet for Diamox (acetazolamide) SR 250mg capsules
- A patient information leaflet for acetazolamide 250mg tablets
- NHS 111 for when urgent care is needed or when medicine may be required that a remote service is not in a suitable position to provide
If any of the above links are not functioning correctly, please call us on 0333 577 5311 for further information.
This consultation form usually takes just 2-3 minutes to complete.
Please complete all questions before clicking Submit.
Any incomplete sections will display as red text if the form cannot be submitted.
If your condition or symptoms require urgent treatment, please call NHS 111 by dialling 111 on your telephone. If you require emergency treatment, for example, if you or someone else has chest pain, has received an injury to the head, or has been involved in a serious accident, call 999 on your telephone immediately. If your condition or symptoms are not something that can be assessed remotely through the Trusted Treatments online doctor service, please make an appointment with your usual GP at the earliest opportunity. If your GP cannot offer an appointment in a timeframe that you feel is appropriate, call 111 on your telephone and seek advice, explaining your concerns. Read more about where to get help.